A new passion
Blogging has become something I love to do, especially in the past several months. My blog is just over a year and a half old, however I have been figuring out blogging etiquette, how to blog successfully and what to write more and more. Writing is an awesome way for me to de-stress and get my thoughts into the wide open spaces of this world.
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by April Moore of Fitness Nutrition and Moor! Her blog is fantastic and she also has Lyme… so it was a given that I’d give this a shot! This award is a great way to recognize and discover new bloggers!
The 5 Simple Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blog that nominated you and link back to them (check!).
- Share 11 fun facts about yourself (see below).
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog that nominated you (see below).
- Prepare 11 questions for those you will nominate (see below).
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers by commenting on one of their blog posts (you guessed it, see below!).
11 Fun Facts:
- I just moved to Georgia, in July. (This was not the best idea we’ve ever had.)
- I am gluten and dairy free.. completely.
- I have 2 dogs and they’re the sweetest, cutest, softest things in the world.
- I have this weird thing where I HAVE to have my toenails and fingernails painted at all times.
- I am taking a gap year from college to heal from Lyme. But will go to University of Puget Sound in the Fall of 2017!
- The Pacific Northwest is where my heart is. I dream about Seattle and the mountains and the ocean and all of the fun stuff out there. It’s basically my dream destination.
- I played soccer for 14 and a half years before yoga took over my life.. then Lyme Disease took over my life.
- I have had more injuries in the past 7 years than I can count on 2 hands. Soccer wasn’t an easy sport on my body.
- I played lacrosse for 3 weeks in high school. I quit because I figured out it wasn’t a contact sport… I was more of the aggressive type of athlete.
- I tore my ACL my sophomore year of high school playing soccer and recovered in 6 months.
- I grew up in Minnesota, and that will forever be my home.
11 Questions from Fitness Nutrition and Moor:
- Describe your blog in three words.
- Life, positivity, personal
- Do you have a fur baby? If so, describe them.
- YES!! I have 2. They are black and white, medium sized pooches. They have short tails and super soft ears. They are 5 and 11 but still have the faces of a puppy.
- Pizza or ice cream?
- ICE CREAM
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
- Being able to write about my own life and have other people appreciate and relate to what I write.
- If you were on Naked and Afraid, what one item would you bring from home?
- A fire starter
- What is one food that you severely dislike?
- Mushrooms.. they terrify me. They’re rubbery and gross and mushy and slimy. Just yuck
- Where do you find your writing inspiration?
- My very own life. Meditation and reflection inspire my own positivity. Also, of course, from my environment and what’s going on in the world around me.
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- Spread positivity. To inspire other people to see the light in the darkness, to show people that despite the pain and hurt they may be experiencing, healing and love will reveal itself soon. Just stay positive.
- What’s one thing you’ve accomplished from your bucket list?
- Get accepted and admitted to my dream university.
- If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
- Adventuring, taking photos, yoga, relaxing, drinking coffee and water, reflecting.
- What do you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
- Learn to be successful in a career of my choice, be happy, live simply and humbly, find a career that I love, learn to say yes more than no, begin to find my calling, start living in the place where my heart is, get healthy and strong.
11 Questions for my nominees:
- What is one place in the world you are determined to visit before you’re 80?
- Is there one thing on your bucket list that you are afraid you will not complete?
- As a child, what was your favorite birthday and why?
- Fruit or veggies?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you have a single life goal? If so, what is it? If not, why not?
- What one smell brings memories of childhood back?
- How long do you intend blogging for?
- What kind of pets do you have and what are their names?
- When did you realize you loved to blog?
- What is one childhood hobby you wish you stuck with?